1. What is a PWM solar charge controller
The complete form of the PWM solar charge controller is "pulse width modulation." A PWM solar charge controller connects directly from solar energy to the battery bank. It is not much expensive and is affordable to buy.
2. What are the expected benefits of using PWM solar charge controllers
There are various advantages of using PWM solar charge controllers. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It can recover the lost battery capacity and deform the battery again.
- It gradually increases the charge acceptance of the battery.
- It helps to reduce battery heating.
- It regulates voltage drops and temperature change.
- It helps to maintain high and average battery capacities.
- They are inexpensive and is affordable.
- It is easy to use.
3. What are the common disadvantages of PWM solar charge controllers
Some common disadvantages of PWM solar charge controllers are listed down:
You cannot use PWM solar charge controllers where solar panel voltage is less than load voltage.
It is not efficient to use and faces approximately 10 to 30% power loss.
They are limited to fixed voltage and current.
4. Why should we use PWM solar charge controller
As we all know, nowadays, the use of solar charge controllers has reached a much greater extent. But then there remains a question of every people's mind that we should use solar charge controllers. So here we list out some of the reasons:
- It protects you from overvoltage or overcharge.
- It improves the quality of charge.
- It avoids discharge of the battery is low or no light conditions.
5. What are the buying guides of PWM solar charge controllers
Here are some buying guides which should be kept in mind whenever you go to buy solar charge controllers:
Maximum current: you should always choose the maximum current rating as it helps you check the solar charge controllers' performance very well.
Voltage rating: it is necessary to check the voltage rating of the solar charge controller before buying it. Make sure that you buy more versatile and compatible solar charge controllers.
Warranty: always make sure to check the warranty year of the solar charge controller before purchasing it. Generally, people don't face any issues with charge controllers after installing once. But you might get some errors someday, so it's necessary to check the solar charge controller's warranty.
6. How did the PWM technology benefit the solar users
Here are some reasons how this PWM technology benefitted its users:
- It is because of longer battery life.
- It has more capacity to reserve battery.
- It supports high user satisfaction.
- PWM solar charge controllers allow more use of solar array energy.
7. What is the primary uses of PWM solar charge controllers
There are various uses of solar charge controllers. Some primary uses are mentioned below:
- It is used in lighting.
- It is also used in telecommunications.
- It is most commonly used in oils and gas sites.
- Solar charge controllers are used in security ad surveillance.