What do you mean by the Solar Power system and how it works?
The solar power plant is comprised of a large number of photovoltaic cells, a rack system which helps to hold the PV panels in the proper manner and a converter converts DC to AC.
Solar PV panels are generally fitted on the top of the house or roof. The panels are faced in the north, south and east side. The panels are tilted in a particular direction in a particular angle so that they receive a maximum amount of light.
Working of Solar Power system: The solar Panels present in the solar power system are used to convert the sunlight into the electrical energy. These panels are fitted on the roof of the houses and businesses. The conversion of sunlight into the electrical is taken place in the specially designed fabricated materials that compose the solar panels. In this process, no moving parts are required. Solar power inverters are used to connect the main power supply to the solar panels.
Solar panels are different from the solar hot water system which are also fitted on the roof of the house. This is used to supply hot water for the household uses.
Types of Solar power system?
There are four types of the solar power system: -
On-grid systems are commonly used in houses and businesses as these systems do not need batteries. They are basically used the solar inverter to connect to solar power. The extra power that is generated can be exported to the electricity grid which you, as a result, will be getting paid a feed-in-tariff(FiT) or credits for this.
Due to the safety reason, On-grid is unable to produce the electricity in a blackout condition. It would risk the safety of the people who are repairing the fault if the solar inverter continuously supplies power to the damaged grid (Grid is damaged in the blackout condition).
Batteries can also be added to the On-grid if required in the later stage if it is needed. You can use for this a popular Tesla Powerwall 2 which is an AC battery.
As the name suggests, it is not connected to the grid system and that is the reason that it requires the batteries for the storage. It is designed in a very finite manner so that it can produce enough power supply for the house and additionally also capable to produce enough power supply to store in the batteries so that it can be used in the winters when the sunlight is less.
This type of system is more expensive than on-grid as it requires a high cost of batteries and inverters. It is commonly used in the remote area which is far from the grid. As with the growing technology batteries, prices are decreasing day by day and this influences the people to use off-grid in the towns and cities.
The whole process is for the AC and in the DC connection power is first supplied to the batteries and then to the appliances
This method is very efficient as it comprises of both the system of solar and battery storage in one. It is available in a great number of forms and configurations. Those systems which are linked to the grid can also take advantage of the storage as well. You can now generate power during the day time and can use it in the night. Moreover, if on the off chance the stored energy is depleted you can import the power from the grid. This makes the consumer get used from both sides.
Grid solar system
As the name suggests, it is the type of solar power system that is linked to the electrical grid. This makes the use of electricity from both sides. This is the reason that this type of solar power system does not have to meet all of the electricity demands of the home.
If there is a need for more power the person can import it from the grid at any time when the solar panel is unable to produce enough electricity (cloudy days or in winters). In the same way, If it produces much more electricity it can be fed into the grid.
What are the components of the solar power system?
There are three main components of the solar power system
- Solar panel- It contains solar cells or we can say photovoltaic cells that are efficient to convert the sunlight into the electrical energy. Most of the Solar panel is made up of the silicon.
- Inverter- Solar panel generated the DC current but most of the appliance in our houses used AC current. Therefore, an inverter is used to convert the DC current into the AC.
- Meters- There are two types of meter that are utilized in solar power systems, one meter is provided by the solar power company which checks the production of the solar panel and another meter is provided by the utility to exchange the power supply between the utility and your solar system. This system is known by the net metering.
Solar power system Price:
The price of solar power system varies with the type you chose and the output power. But here we provide you with a general idea of the price of solar power systems in India.
|1kw Solar System Price
|2kw Solar System Price
|3kw Solar System Price
|5kw Solar System Price
|6kw Solar System Price
|7.5kw Solar System Price
|10kw Solar System Price
Advantages of using solar power system:
There are many benefits to use solar power systems in our daily lives. Below, we have shown some major advantages, just give a look at them.>
- Pollution free: It is pollution free and produces the least negative impact on the environment. Solar power plants even don't produce greenhouse gases and hence saves the water to get polluted.
- Noiseless: The production of electrical energy from solar energy doesn't create noise, which is very relaxing able for people who are using this system.
- Economical: It is also very beneficial in term of reducing your bills. As generating your own electricity which means less intake from the supplier. In addition, you can sell your unused electricity to customers at your convivence rate which adds your saving. This is very beneficial in term of savings.
- Renewable Source: As the sun is a renewable source of energy, which means you will get electricity for a long period of time. This will improve the living hoods of many people.
- Remote areas: In remote areas, where there is no source of electricity, solar power systems can be used if there is sunshine. Independent solar power systems can be installed in remote regions to improves their lives.
- Less loss of electricity: As nearly 3-5% of energy is lost during distribution or transportation which mainly depends on the distance between the supplier and customers. But, having solar power plants on the roof reduce the loss as well as the cost of distribution and transportation.
- Maintenance: It needs less amount of water and service for maintenance, and hence highly maintainable and have high durability.
Now, you have read all the facts to install a solar power system on your roof. You have to choose wisely whether you should install or not, depending on the cost of first-time installment or the savings after that and all the benefits provided by the system.